Monday 30 December 2013

SALE or FAIL?

Posted by Unknown at 11:00 am
Hi Everyone!

I was bitterly disappointed at the Boxing Day Sale this year. Last year, My husband and I shopped the sales, brought loads of great bargains and were throroughly happy! This year we really struggled.

I got up at 5.30am to go to the Next Sale -- If you live in the UK you will know this is one of the biggest high street sales. I got there, stood in line for approximately an hour before entering the store. I brought a few items for myself and the house, but mainly clothes for my daughter. After the hustle and bustle of people frantically shopping the sale I got home and woke my husband up.

We then went to the local shopping centre to continue bargain hunting! We found NOTHING! -- Well we found a few things but not much clothing etc. 

My favourite sale was the Boots Sale, All of their christmas 3 for 2 items were on sale!! - Half price!! My aim was to buy items that I had seen prior to christmas for myself and my husband, but also pick up a few small items as gifts throughout the year. e.g fragrance sets and bath items.

Well here are some of the items I purchased. Unfortunately most boots stores have now sold out of the sale items. 

The first item was a "Baylis and Harding Gingerbread Bathtime Shop" Orgininally £12.00 but on sale for £6.00. I loved this little set for a female who loves having some nice products for the bath. It contains 8 products - 2x Chocolate Cupcake Shower Creme; 2x Spiced Gingerbread Body Wash; 2x Vanilla Body Lotion and 2x Cherry Glaze Body Scrubs. 


I got 2 FCUK fragrance sets for men, "The Urban Duo" Originally £8.00 but on sale for £4.00 and "The Trio Selection" Originally £10.00 on sale for £5.00. I thought these were good sets for the men in the family just as a bit of something to go along side a gift.



Soap and Glory
I absolutely LOVE soap and glory products, they smell so good and don't dry my skin out! So I brought a few sets, some for myself and some for family.

YOU DO THE BATH

This set was originally £16.00 but it was on sale for ONLY £8.00...
It comes in a red and pink box and contains 500ml FOAM CALL; 300ml BUTTER YOURSELF and a Shower Puff. 

ONCE UPON A LIME

This set was originally £18.00 but it was on sale for £9.00...
I thought this set would be perfect for some of the girls in our family, so I brought a couple!!
The set contains 1x 250ml Fresh and Foamy Body Wash; 1x 50ml Body Scrub; 1x 300ml Body Buttercream and a Pink Body Puff, all displayed in a pink and silver tin.

WASHFUL THINKING

I brought this little set for myself, I love the smell of the set! It was originally £10.00 but on sale for £5.00
It contains 1x 250ml Hand Wash and 1x 250ml Hand Cream.


I was overall pretty disappointed with the sales this year, but hopefully the mid season sales will be much better!

Did you pick up any bargains in the sales? What did you get?

Buh-Bye! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Life of Miley Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea